iPod touch®, iPad® and iPhone® Filtering
Apple filtering is now available for Patronus customers who want to use the iPad®, iPad 2, iPhone®, and iPod touch® using iOS. BASCOM's Development Team has designed the new Anywhere Filter™ that can be downloaded, free of charge, from Apple's App Store. This iPhone, iPad and iPod touch filtering application replaces the default browser on the Apple mobile device.
This is how it works. Your library's Technology Director creates a Profile that resides on Patronus and defines the filter settings for remote devices. Then, each time a student uses the Apple mobile device to make any Internet browser requests, the Anywhere Filter™ communicates with Patronus utilizing a lightweight protocol with reduced overhead that is less complex than typical proxy traffic. This enables the communication to occur faster so that the URL requested by the student can quickly be checked against the Profile. If a student attempts to access a site that isn't allowed, a blocked message displays on the Apple device.
Features of BASCOM's iPod touch, iPhone and iPad filtering application:
- CIPA compliant, cross-platform iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch filtering.
- Apple filtering is based on URL database with customer-defined allowed and blocked lists.
- Delivers Dynamic Proxy Detection for protection against anonymous proxy servers.
- Anytime, anywhere, any connection iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad filtering without the need for a VPN.
- Enforces a library's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Enforces SafeSearch Mode for Google, Yahoo, and Bing search engines.
- Password required to uninstall filtering.
- Reporting of off-network activity for analyzing Internet use.
Visit this URL to download Anywhere Filter from the Apple App Store:
Learn More About BASCOM's Mobile Device Filtering for Libraries
BASCOM's Patronus library filter and the Anywhere Filter CIPA filter give librarians the tools they need to set the appropriate amount of Internet access for their patrons. To learn more, read about its Access Zones, Kids Zone Portal and technology. To schedule your personal library filter demo, fill out a contact form or call us today at 1-888-922-2726.