Apple Filter for iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®
An Apple filter is now available for Frontera customers who want to use the iPad®, iPad 2, iPhone®, and iPod touch® using iOS. BASCOM's Development Team has designed the new Anywhere Filter™ that can be downloaded, free of charge, from Apple's App Store. This CIPA-compliant Apple filtering application replaces the default browser on the Apple mobile device.
This is how it works. Your Technology Director creates a Profile that resides on Frontera and defines the filter settings for remote devices. Then, each time a user with your Apple mobile device makes an Internet browser request, the Anywhere Filter™ communicates with Frontera utilizing a lightweight protocol with reduced overhead that is less complex than typical proxy traffic. This enables the communication to occur faster so that the URL requested by the user can quickly be checked against the Profile. If a user attempts to access a site that isn't allowed, a blocked message displays on the Apple device.
Features of the Apple Filtering application:
- Cross-platform, CIPA-compliant, iPad filtering, iPhone filtering, and iPod touch filtering.
- Apple filtering is based on URL database with customer-defined allowed and blocked lists.
- Delivers Dynamic Proxy Detection for protection against anonymous proxy servers.
- Anytime, anywhere, any connection Apple filtering without the need for a VPN.
- Enforces your Acceptable Use Policy.
- Enforces SafeSearch Mode for Google, Yahoo, and Bing search engines.
- Password required to uninstall filtering.
- Reporting of off-network activity for analyzing Internet use.
Visit the App Store to download BASCOM's iPhone, iPod touch and iPad filtering app for free.